Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Anniversary Benson!


My dog Benson is celebrating his 1 year anniversary of being rescued in the coming weeks! I adopted Benny as an impulse buy at the West Los Angeles Humane Society around this time last year, I didn’t know much about him but he looked like an excellent filler for a boyfriend. And boy was I right! While having Benny for the past year, I have learned that he is a couture puppy since he is a Bichon-Poodle hybrid, he was probably a year old when I saved the little tyke and he snores when he sleeps.  Sad to say, he was only 11 pounds when I adopted him and now he is a chubby little pup weighing 25 pounds. 

After a long day at work, I look forward to coming to him most…even more so than my real life boyfriend! As most love dog-lovers, I sometimes forget that he isn’t human…but I think if Benny could talk he would be eternally grateful for giving him a second chance.  While there are millions of Benny’s out there, it’s nice to have a constant reminder of how rewarding it feels to help others!

No comments:

Post a Comment