Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Living the Life!


Greetings!  I'd like to introduce William, my friend's 1.5 year old pet ferret, who resides warmly in Bridgeport, IL.  I'm envious of this guy - he lives a hop, skip, and a leap away from the Halsted/33rd bus stop, right above an antique photography store and across a used cassette store. He wakes up to Billy Holiday playing on an original record player, while wiping away the sleep from his eyes on a Sunday morning. He climbs out of his hammock (yes, he sleeps in a hammock - what a life, right?) and goes to tackle his daily activity – a 550 piece puzzle set that his mom found at the local thrift store.



I wouldn't be able to experience Willie's morning routine if I didn't choose to crash at my friend's house for the night. A sleepover with good company, big laughs, and a few snores brought me back to the beautiful, effortless things that matter in life.

William is my hero this week - sweet simplicity will conquer the soul and you'll definitely sleep better at night (hammock or not).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment